Gold Coast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Teller
Reports to: Assistant Branch Manager or Regional Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Basic Function of position:
The Teller’s main function is to process customer’s transactions and provide outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities- include, but not limited to; Other Duties may be assigned:
- Adhering to all Bank polices and procedures in regards to new deposit and loan customers.
- Must comply with Bank compliance.
- Understands and follows all robbery, emergency and safety procedures.
- Provides exemplary customer service.
- Processes many different types of customer transactions such as: deposits, withdrawals, cashier checks, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) deposits, Certificates of Deposit (CD) deposits, payroll and loan payments, etc.
- Performs daily balancing of cash draw, vault and atm.
- Process night drop and subject to count when applicable.
- Maintains cash/coin log for branch and alerts assistant manager/regional branch manager when cash/coin is in need or need to be shipped out.
- Promotes and sells Banks’ products and services.
- Responsible for completing Currency Transactions Reports (CTR) as needed by the end of each business day.
- Responsible for knowing all the teller work retentions.
- Accountable for boxing up the appropriate work when needed and having it shipped out to Iron Mountain.
- Complete all required classes that are assigned by the Compliance Department by December 31 of the year, each year.
- Exemplary mathematical and reading skills.
- Must have good oral, written, organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent computer skills, computer literacy, and key board skills.
- Display exemplary customer service and time management.
- Exude excellent professionalism.
Education and Training:
- High School/GED is required.
- Must have two (2) or more year’s prior cash handling experience, preferably in banking, but not required.
This job may entail:
- May need to lift up to forty (40) pounds at times (i.e. box of paper, shipment box, iron mountain storage box, computer hard drive, printers, money, coin, etc.).
- Sitting or being sedentary for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Traveling in your car or by other means of transportation.
- Working on the computer up to eight (8) hours per day.
- May be asked or required as part of the job duty to attend events where standing for periods of time may occur.
Working under different types of lighting (i.e. fluorescent, etc.) for up to eight (8) hours per day.
« Back to All Job Listings