Tips for Prevent Spyware from being downloaded on your Computer:
- Install and periodically update anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software.
- Adjust Internet browser settings to promt the user whenever a website tries to install a new program or Active X control.
- Carefully read all End User Licensing Agreements and avoid downloading software when license agreements are difficult to understand.
- maintain current patches and updates to operating systems and browsers.
- Do not open email from untrustworthy and/or unknown sources.
June 15th is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
Click HERE to view tips from the Independant Community Bankers of America (ICBA) for preventing elder financial abuse.
Click below to access our Financial Education section!
Gold Coast Bank celebrates Cyber Security Awareness Month by providing these helpful tips to protect your small business account. (Click the link above to view)
OnGuard Online – Provides tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against internet fraud
OnGuardOnline.gov is the federal government’s website to help you be safe, ampoule secure and responsible online. The Federal Trade Commission manages OnGuardOnline.gov, in partnership with the federal agencies listed below. OnGuardOnline.gov is a partner in the Stop Think Connect campaign, led by the Department of Homeland Security, and part of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.