Gold Coast Bank, known as Long Island’s Community Bank, today announced that net income for the year ended December 31, 2014 was …
Due to winter storm conditions, Gold Coast Bank will be closing all branches at 2:00pm on Monday, January 26. All branches will remain closed on Tuesday, January 27. All branches are expected to reopen for normal business hours on Wednesday, January 28.
Long Island Metro Business Action (LIMBA) welcomed NY State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli to their weekly networking event at the Clarion Hotel in Ronkonkoma on Friday, January 9th. This event, sponsored by Gold Coast Bank, focused on the economic condition of New York and Long Island. LIMBA President and Gold Coast Bank Regional Vice President/Branch Manager Bill Miller and Bank President/COO Jim Johnis both took part in this well-attended event.
Alba Spinelli has been named Branch Manager in Farmingdale and Lisa Tomasulo was appointed Customer Service Representative in Islandia. Ms. Spinelli most recently was Long Island Manager at First Trade Union Bank in New Hyde Park, where her responsibilities included new business development. Prior to that she was Branch Manager and Vice President at Community National Bank in Garden City. Ms. Tomasulo most recently was a Relationship Banker at M & T Business Banking Center in Bohemia, which involved handling a variety of administrative and customer services.
“We wish to welcome both of these highly-accomplished professionals to the Gold Coast Bank Family,” said James Johnis, Gold Coast Bank’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “We are certain these new hires will add greatly to the superior service already provided to all of our customers.”
Job Title: Teller
Reports to: Assistant Branch Manager
Summary: To receive and process deposits, checks, payments and other transactions as well as issue negotiable instruments and other drafts by performing the duties as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and processes deposits, withdrawals, checks, payments and other transactions in an accurate manner according to policies and procedures.
- Issues bank checks, other drafts and prepares payroll for certain clients.
- Promotes and sells the bank’s products and services to all customers and prospects.
- Oversees all daily operating procedures.
- Performs daily balancing procedures of cash drawer, ATM and branch cash and reports differences.
- Understands and follows procedures in case of robbery or other emergency.
- Performs back counter item scanning and reconciliation of work.
- Handles and maintains branch cash limits by ordering/shipping currency as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Employee will complete all ABA Courses assigned to them by the end of each calendar year in accordance to Bank Compliance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior teller or banking experience preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills, excellent written communication skills, and reading skills required.
- Must have an excellent aptitude in math.
- Must exhibit excellent professionalism and excellent customer relations.
- Must have excellent organization skills, customer skills and time management skills.
- Must have an excellent aptitude for the computer and exhibit excellent keyboard skills.