Gold Coast Bank is seeking a Vice President, Compliance Officer.
Gold Coast Bank offers a full comprehensive benefits package to full time employees.
FUNCTION: Interface with business units to manage the Bank’s Consumer Compliance Program. Act as the central liaison for examiners and auditors testing compliance in areas of consumer compliance.
1. Responsible for oversight of the compliance function, which includes managing relationships with compliance consultants, chairing the compliance committee, maintaining policies and procedures, and coordinating the implementation of new regulations and regulatory changes;
2. Maintaining a library of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations;
3. Monitoring changes in laws, regulations, and examination trends and disseminating compliance information in a timely manner to Bank personnel;
4. Ensuring that changes in laws and regulations that may affect policies and procedures are incorporated therein on a timely basis;
5. Supporting the Bank’s business units by providing guidance and assistance in all aspects of the Bank’s Compliance Program, including policy and procedures development, training, and assessing emerging issues or potential liabilities;
6. Interfacing with the Bank’s business units to ensure the establishment and oversight of an effective compliance monitoring program;
7. Acting as management liaison with regulatory examining authorities on compliance-related matters and coordinating examination activities; organize and review material requested from examiners; organize exit conferences for the Bank; follow-up on all regulatory findings, which includes preparing written responses to the examiners;
8. Responsible for interfacing with the internal audit function as it pertains to areas of consumer compliance;
9. Responsible for the coordination of consumer compliance training programs;
10. Coordinating responses to consumer complaints
11. Preparing and presenting periodic compliance status reports to the Board of Directors, or a Committee thereof;
12. Participate in new product and service development;
13. Assume other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional compliance experience in the banking industry preferably holding a CRCM designation.
• Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
• Understanding of the banking environment with the ability to interpret regulations and laws as they pertain to the banking environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PC software and applications.
John Catsimatidis and Robert Morgenthau arranged a fabulous luncheon honoring the Police Athletic League at the Mutual of America building at 320 Park in Manhattan on July 15, 2014. The luncheon was well attended by dignitaries, city officials, citizens and persons dedicated to improving the quality of life in NYC, including Host Geraldo Rivera who gave an impassioned speech about making a difference in life.
Click the link below to view the Press Release.
Guest speaker Michael Maturo, President of RXR Realty, spoke to a packed house at the Chateau Briand in Carle Place on commercial real estate developments on Long Island.