Gold Coast Bank participated in the Port Jefferson Greek Festival over the weekend of August 21st -24th. The bank raffled off an iPad Mini, and the winner was DawnMarie of Port Jefferson, NY. DawnMarie gave her nephew Matty the iPad Mini. Matty is pictured with Gold Coast Bank President, Jim Johnis.
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer and The Audit Committee
Summary: The Compliance Officer will be responsible for all aspects of the Bank’s compliance
program including developing the program, ensuring the development and maintenance of
policies and procedures and adequate staff training. He/she will issue reports to the Audit
Committee of Board of Directors on a quarterly basis. The Compliance Officer will also serve
as a member of the CRA Committee. In this capacity, he/she will be responsible for developing
procedures to implement compliance with the CRA. He/she will also be responsible for
collecting the relevant data to satisfy the requirement of the Act and for maintaining the Public
The Compliance Officer will also act as the coordinator and liaison for the outsourced internal
audits, reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be
1. Oversees the development of all regulatory policies, ensuring that the policies are distributed
to and reviewed by the appropriate staff members.
2. Assists department with writing procedures in conjunction with approved policies.
3. Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and apprise management and staff of
4. Perform a monthly Compliance Monitoring Review to ensure continued compliance and
report results to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
5. Chair and guide the management Compliance Committee, including overseeing the agenda
and reporting to senior management on activities.
6. Research and respond to compliance questions from Bank personnel.
7. Develop, implement and coordinate the Bank’s Complaint Handling Program.
8. Assist in preparations for compliance examinations, coordinating the exam between the staff
and the regulators.
9. Employee will complete the following ABA Courses: Information Security and Red Flags,
Office of Foreign Assets and Control (OFAC), Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot
Act, Americans with Disabilities ACT and any Additional ABA Course requirements for
specific departments mandated by Compliance.
CRA Committee Member:
1. Responsible for collecting and maintaining data required for reporting by the Community
2. Responsible for collecting all information needed for placement in the Public File and for
updating the file when necessary.
1. Responsible for reviewing Risk Assessment with appropriate department heads at least
2. Responsible for acting a liaison between outsourced Internal Auditor and the Bank; also
responsible for acting as liaison between the Bank, outsourced Internal Auditors and the
3. Responsible for coordinating management response to Audit Reports.
4. Responsible for reporting to management any internal control deficiencies as soon as they
become identified and for working with management to resolve the issues.
5. Responsible for maintaining the Audit Policy.
6. Responsible for ensuring completed Audit Reports are presented to the Audit Committee of
the Board of Directors on a timely basis.
1. Supervises the training for all staff, including the Board of Directors.
Skills and Education:
• Interpersonal skills, Organization.
• Oral communication skills.
• Planning, Written communication skills.
• Time Management, Reading skills, Computer Literacy.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of compliance related experience.
John Catsimatidis and Robert Morgenthau arranged a fabulous luncheon honoring the Police Athletic League at the Mutual of America building at 320 Park in Manhattan on July 15, 2014. The luncheon was well attended by dignitaries, city officials, citizens and persons dedicated to improving the quality of life in NYC, including Host Geraldo Rivera who gave an impassioned speech about making a difference in life.
Click the link below to view the Press Release.